Another year and another great Summer Camp to add to the groups growing history. The weather also presented a challenge, a lot of rain greeted us and challenged us on day one, then two days of high winds battered us but morale stayed strong throughout. We came out the other side with a few remaining […]
Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers, Leaders and Committee Members from the 21st Medway Scout Group ready to set off on today’s Remembrance Sunday Parade and Service in Rochester. (We were restricted to 50 by seating in the cathedral.) Our flag carriers joined standards from the Royal British Legion, armed forces and cadets, right at the front […]
This year’s Summer Camp at Gilwell Park was the Groups busiest yet, we had over 40 campers throughout the week. We arrived on the Sunday during a torrential downpour that eventually eased, pitching tents avoiding puddles was interesting but we got everything up in good time. The whole week was a mixture of heavy downpours […]
January’s Disctrict Scout competition ‘Arrowhead’ at Buckmore Park Scout Campsite has to one of the Group’s highlights of the year so far as the 21st Medway Scout Troop combined with members of the 26th Medway Scout Troop won this years challenge by a single point. It was a fantastic achievement for both Group as they battled […]
This year the 3 Scouts, 5 Explorers and a handful of Leaders decided to brave the cold with over 3000 other Scouters at Gilwell Park’s annual Winter Camp. The wet weather over Christmas had turned the whole site into a mud bath but it seemed to add to the atmosphere of the event. The Scouts […]
Last night the Group invested 3 new Beaver Scouts, 2 Cub Scouts moving from Beavers and 1 new Cub Scout, 2 new Explorers and another 2 affirmed their promise and 4 Leaders. Some of the Leader investitures where somewhat overdue but on occasion where we could invest so many members in a single night was […]
At the end of September Cubs, Scouts and Explorers embarked on a camp in wet and windy conditions for the sole purpose of spending the Saturday at Chessington World of Adventures and having a great time. We had an excellent time despite having small numbers, and a great sing song round the fire after our […]
Our Beavers, Cubs and Scouts meet on Wednesday evenings during school term time in St. Luke's Church Hall, City Way, Rochester: Google Map
You can find further information, times and contact details on our leaflets:
- Beavers (for boys and girls aged 5¾ - 8)
- Cubs (for boys and girls aged 8 - 10½)
- Scouts (for boys and girls aged 10½ - 14)
Our Beavers, Cubs and Scouts do occasionally meet away from the hall. Feel free to give 'Sherbet', 'Akela' or Sammy a ring to check we'll be at the hall, or if you have further questions about joining.
If we're too far away for you, please enter your postcode here to find your nearest Scout Group: Scouts.org.uk
If this information doesn't answer your query, please use the form below to send us a message.
- Emma 🐼 @Sturdygirl0803 September 24, 2017Excellent to hear that @TimCosmos on #astronauts had been in @UKScouting - a tremendous experience for all #JoinTheAdventure @hitchinscouts
- Dr Julia Reid MEP @julia_reid September 24, 2017RT @VAdmJWoodcock: We should all applaud this fantastic achievement. @UKScouting does so much, enabling young people to develop into balanc…
- Fayaz Bharucha @FayazBharucha September 24, 2017RT @TimothyKidd: Here's @jackmaxton presenting @MarkTarryChief with the @worldscouting award for highest absolute growth in Europe! Well do…
- Mark Tarry @MarkTarryChief September 24, 2017RT @VAdmJWoodcock: We should all applaud this fantastic achievement. @UKScouting does so much, enabling young people to develop into balanc…
- Mark Tarry @MarkTarryChief September 24, 2017RT @KesterSharpe: Woohoo! Fantastic achievement & recognition from @worldscouting for our growth in @UKScouting twitter.com/timothykidd/st…
- Ashley Russell @AshleyL_Russell September 24, 2017Quite surprised to have received my @UKScouting five-year service award today. Especially as I'm only 22... 😂 Do I… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- H🙏 @MARSMAGIC30STM September 24, 2017@BearGrylls @garycrisp1943 @UKScouting @worldscouting https://t.co/CHh1FIRHF7
- Pete Jeffreys @PeteJeffreys September 24, 2017@samorrisuk @UKScouting @MerseysideScout @WestLancsScouts @EastLancsScout @CumbriaScouts @GMEscouts @GMNScouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
- The Scout Association UK Headquarters Membership Fee 2018 August 20, 2017The UK Headquarters membership fee in 2018 for all members under the age of 18 is confirmed.
- Changes to the Short Term Investment Service terms and conditions August 9, 2017Updates to the Short Term Investment Service terms and conditions.
- Sam Morris appointed Deputy Chief Commissioner of England February 17, 2017Sam Morris has been appointed Deputy Chief Commissioner of England.
- Our digital journey February 10, 2017Ross Maloney, Director of Scouting Operations, reflects on our digital journey. He sheds light on our current focus and priorities, and most excitingly, fills us in on where we?re heading.
- Safety warning: aerosol gas stoves September 15, 2016Aerosol camping stoves are cheap and popular with all sorts of campers. However, The Scout Association has recently been made aware of several reports of the aerosols in these stoves exploding.
- Welcome to Stephen Donaldson, new Chief Commissioner for Northern Ireland July 13, 2016As of 1 September this year, we?re delighted to announce that Stephen Donaldson has been appointed as Chief Commissioner for Northern Ireland!
- Gilwell Park Muslim Prayer Area opens November 19, 2015A Muslim place of worship and educational centre has been opened at Gilwell Park. The new facility provides a place for Muslim Scouts to pray and all Scouts to develop their understanding of Islam.
- News | Jack Maxton appointed International Commissioner November 13, 2015We are delighted to announce that Jack Maxton has been appointed as International Commissioner with immediate effect.